Become an Agora Fellow
The Program for Public Discourse is now accepting applications for its inaugural Agora Fellowship program for the 2022-2023 year. The program will accept 5-8 students annually on a rolling basis. The Agora Fellows will comprise a cohort of undergraduate students who meet regularly throughout the year to practice constructive dialogue concerning topical issues and coordinate public-facing events. Students will undergo a rigorous training program in public discourse and facilitation before having the chance to design and facilitate discussions with the public, while also working under the guidance of experts in the field of rhetoric and public discourse.
Sample events might include facilitating any of the following:
- A constructive dialogue around a contentious topic
- A debate concerning a public policy
- A talk-back session addressing a piece of art
- Collaboration with a community organization to foster effective public communication
- Social events designed to build personal and professional connections